We are very excited to be launching our new club website for Royal Wootton Bassett RFC.
We have been working hard throughout the summer to migrate our online presence from Pitchero to a brand new website managed by First Sports - providers of IT services to the RFU.
The new responsive website will help us improve communications of the latest club news, match fixtures, match reports, promote club events and highlight the ongoing development of the club.
These changes were initiated by the RFU to increase our usage of their Game Management System (GMS). The new platform will not only support our online needs, but it will also help streamline the management of the entire club membership. GMS data will automatically populate the new website, so all age group players and coaches will be displayed in appropriate sections throughout the duration of their membership.
The increased flexibility in the GMS system will allow our members to:
- Log-in with a password to update their personal information at any time.
- Top up their membership card with credit prior to visiting the club for a drink.
- The GMS system will accept debit/credit cards to allow you to purchase membership or secure tickets for club events.
Additionally, Team Managers and Coaches will be able to:
- Publish fixtures and match results to the new website.
- Create and send email communications to their team.
- Monitor and manage their registered players.
We hope that the website will prove to be a vital platform to improve interaction with our members, our volunteers and our players. We will also continue to utilise social media with our Facebook Page, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube to help us reach a wider audience and showcase all that Royal Wootton Bassett RFC has to offer.