Ballards Ash - the home of Royal Wootton Bassett RFC
Ballard's Ash is the home to Royal Wootton Bassett RFC and is located just West of Junction 16 of the M4 motorway in Royal Wootton Bassett close to Swindon, with easy access from the South West, South East and Midlands. Our Clubhouse thrives as the base for our community rugby club serving members from Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon and beyond.
We have extensive free car parking on site.
The following bus routes pass near Royal Wootton Bassett Rugby Football Club: 31 and 55
The nearest bus stop is The Farm, Ballard's Ash - approximately a 4 minute walk.
Clubhouse Opening Hours
- Monday CLOSED
- Tuesday 7pm - 11pm
- Wednesday 7pm - 11pm
- Thursday 7pm - 11pm
- Friday 7pm - 11pm
- Saturday 12pm - 11pm
- Sunday 10am - 3pm (Alcohol will not be sold until midday) 7:30pm - 10:30pm
RWBRFC members are able to pay for drinks and snacks at the bar with their RWBRFC Membership Card. The increased flexibility in our new GMS website system now allows our members to top-up their Membership Card with credit prior to visiting the club for a drink.
Find out how at www.rwbrfc.club/news/membership-card-top-ups-now-available-online
Ballard's Ash is nestled in its own grounds with stunning views over expertly maintained flat sports fields and Dauntsey Vale on the horizon. An appealing, modern and airy building, the Clubhouse is has WiFi connectivity throughout and has an admin office, conference room, extensive catering facilities, licenced bar and seating for one hundred and fifty people. Large windows lead onto a patio area which overlooks sixteen acres of playing fields.
Our comprehensively stocked licenced bar is open to Members and their guests. It is also a great space for a meeting, and ideal for celebratory functions – including Birthdays, Anniversaries, Wakes or Weddings.
Find out about Private Hire at www.meetatbassett.co.uk
Sorry - no dogs allowed
As Royal Wootton Bassett is primarily a sports club, we run a strictly NO DOGS policy on the site.
Acceptable use of the Clubhouse
When visiting our club we hope everyone enjoys a great day of thrilling rugby - but we ask you to please respect our facilities.
- Please remove studded or bladed footwear before walking on the patio or in the clubhouse.
- Please remove wet or muddy clothes or footwear before entering the clubhouse.
- Please keep Kitbags outside the clubhouse.
- Playing ball of any kind is only allowed outside the clubhouse.
- Please do not stand/play on chairs or tables.
- Please return all cutlery and plates to the kitchen serving hatch and tidy up tables after use.
- Over 16s only allowed in the kitchen /serving area.
- For safety reasons, running around inside the clubhouse is not allowed.
- For safety reasons, swinging or sitting on top of the patio railings is not allowed.
All property left behind at the club will be put into our locked lost property cabinet. Any item not reunited with it's owner within 2 months will be donated/disposed of in some way.
Please contact our Clubhouse Manager on 01793 851425 to arrange a viewing. Proof of identity will be required.